THANKS for a very solid voter turnout of 55,7%. It was a tough and very close race – really every vote counted!
It is with great pleasure to welcome the below listed team as elected member of the society’s Council – CONGRATULATIONS!
Together with the Executive Committee, the elected Council members form the society’s Governing Board. The Board directs and monitors the activities of the ESMI and determines its future direction.
ESMI Council 2022-2024
- Amnon Bar-Shir – Rehovot, Israel
- Jolanda de Vries – Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Nick Devoogdt – Brussels, Belgium
- Cornelius Faber – Münster, Germany
- Jan Grimm – New York, USA
- Uwe Himmelreich – Leuven, Belgium
- Twan Lammers – Aachen, Germany
- Dario Longo – Torino, Italy
- André Martins – Tübingen, Germany
- Laura Mezzanotte – Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Vasilis Ntziachristos – Munich, Germany
- Daniel Razansky – Zurich, Switzerland
- Roger Schibli – Villingen/Zurich, Switzerland
- Margret Schottelius – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Mickael Tanter – Paris, France
- Adriana Tavares – Edinburgh, UK
- Nadja van Camp – Paris, France
- Greetje Vande Velde – Leuven, Belgium
- Chris Vanhove – Ghent, Belgium
- Wolfgang Weber – Munich, Germany
- Bettina Weigelin – Tübingen, Germany
- Marlene Wiart – Lyon, France
- Tim Witney – London, UK
A word on gender balance: the number of applications from women was significantly lower than that of male applicants, which is reflected in the final list of elected Council members.
Since 2005, we have built the European Society for Molecular Imaging to bring together scientists from Europe and beyond including Ukraine and Russia, in a spirit of peace, friendship and scientific exchanges for the benefit of humankind.
We deny that military action is a solution to any political or territorial conflict between nations that share millennia of a common history.
We call with our greatest strength for an immediate cessation of military hostilities and express our unlimited support for our Ukrainian and Russian friends and colleagues. If you would like to help the Ukrainians, we encourage donations e.g. to the UN Refugee Agency, the International Committee of the Red Cross, or the Médecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders, but there are many more national and international organizations that are supporting humanitarian efforts.