- The GOVERNING BOARD – consisting of the Executive Committee plus the elected Council members – defines the main direction of the society.
- The ESMI Executive Committee consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, the Treasurer, and the immediate Past President.
- The ESMI Council is elected by all ESMI members. Term in office is two years.
- The General Assembly consists of all ESMI members with voting rights.
The term in office of the President and correspondingly of the Vice-President and Past-President shall be one year. The period is defined from one annual meeting to the next EMIM.
Fabian Kiessling – President
Chair of Experimental Molecular Imaging
University of Aachen (RWTH), Germany
Michal Neeman – Past President
Professor in the Department of Biological Regulation, Faculty of Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel & Head of The Henry Chanoch Krenter Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Genomics at Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
Jordi Llop – Vice President (= President Elect)
Principal Investigator, Head of Radiochemistry and Nuclear Imaging Group, CIC biomaGUNE, San Sebastián, Spain
Albert D. Windhorst – Treasurer
Head Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry at the Department of Nuclear Medicine & PET Research at VUMC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tim Witney – Secretary
Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellow and Reader in Molecular Imaging, King’s College London, UK
Elected Council members 2022-2024
- Amnon Bar-Shir – Rehovot, Israel
- Jolanda de Vries – Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Nick Devoogdt – Brussels, Belgium
- Cornelius Faber – Münster, Germany
- Jan Grimm – New York, USA
- Uwe Himmelreich – Leuven, Belgium
- Twan Lammers – Aachen, Germany
- Dario Longo – Torino, Italy
- André Martins – Tübingen, Germany
- Laura Mezzanotte – Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Vasilis Ntziachristos – Munich, Germany
- Daniel Razansky – Zurich, Switzerland
- Roger Schibli – Villingen/Zurich, Switzerland
- Margret Schottelius – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Mickael Tanter – Paris, France
- Adriana Tavares – Edinburgh, UK
- Nadja van Camp – Paris, France
- Greetje Vande Velde – Leuven, Belgium
- Chris Vanhove – Ghent, Belgium
- Wolfgang Weber – Munich, Germany
- Bettina Weigelin – Tübingen, Germany
- Marlene Wiart – Lyon, France