yITAMIC | the Italian young ESMI Group is the newest “kid in town” – welcome!
yITAMIC has one big goal: connecting the Italian community of early stage imaging scientists to foster collaboration between labs and groups.
Our dream is to become one big family which shares experience, tools, and a passion for science. This approach will promote the development of careers of early career scientists in the field of molecular imaging and will also lead to a strong Italian representation in the broader, international ESMI community – we invite all Italian early career scientists and Italians working abroad to participate!
Our Main Objectives
- To gather the early career molecular imaging community in Italy, create a proactive national network, and provide a supportive platform for sharing knowledge and experiences.
- To offer a very easy entry point for MSc, PhD, and (early) postDocs into the imaging science community.
- To offer an overview of the research activities in the field of molecular imaging in Italy.
- To foster scientific collaborations between different laboratories.
- To attract members to the ESMI in order to contribute to and strengthen the international imaging science community.
yITAMIC Leadership & Founding Members
- Eleonora Cavallari, University of Torino – CHAIR
- Francesca La Cava, Bracco Imaging S.p.A. – CHAIR
- Pietro Bontempi, University of Verona – CO-CHAIR
- Martina Capozza, University of Torino – CO-CHAIR
- Valentina Brancato, IRCCS SYNLAB SDN and University of Napoli – Secretary
- Sabrina Elkhanoufi, University of Torino – Social media manager
- Rebecca Rizzo, University of Torino – Social media manager
- Sebastiano Micocci, University of Torino – Graphic designer
- Sandra Albanese, Institute of Biostructures and Bioimaging
- Sara Camorali, University of Piemonte Orientale
- Antonella Carella, Institute of Biostructures and Bioimaging
- Valeria Cerina, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Lorena Consolino, Aachen University
- Gianluca Destro, University of Torino
- Francesca Garello, University of Torino
- Marco Iannone, Fondazione Tecnomed-University of Milano-Bicocca
- Dario Longo, Institute of Biostructures and Bioimaging
- Serena Monti, Institute of Biostructures and Bioimaging
- Elisa Pirotta, University of Torino
- Paolo Rainone, San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Serena Rizzuti, University of Torino
Do not hesitate to share your ideas and reach out to us via
Interested in joining a yESMI Group?
You are an ESMI member already? Just log-in to your ESMI member portal, select “edit your membership details” and sign-in to any set of yESMI Group you are interested in.
Not a member yet?
Proceed to the Member Portal and register – it is just 20€/anno for MSc and PhD students.