SwyMIC visit @ CERN | Thanks for your participation
On 23 September SwyMIC organized its first in-person event and invited the Swiss community to a guided tour through CERN. The tour was followed by an aperó supported by Merck. Thanks to all who participated. It certainly was a wonderful start to further streghthen the Swiss (young) imaging science community.
SwyMIC is the “new kid in town”. Founded just recently in 2021, the Swiss youngESMI Group aims to create and establish a young Swiss network of dedicated imaging scientists.
Though there are many excellent research groups in Switzerland, there has not yet been a common, informal, open platform for young(er) imaging scientists to connect. Particularly in such a multidisciplinary field, it is crucial to make contacts, be inspired and supported by peers, and build a broad network – already early in your career.
Through networking activities, SwyMIC provides the environment to broaden and share knowledge and resources in the field of molecular imaging, and to interact in an easy and informal setting.
- Bringing young scientists in the field together to share knowledge and foster collaboration
- Offer an overview of regional research opportunities in academia and industry
- To attract young scientists into the field of molecular imaging and the ESMI community
- Create an informal and fun environment to share ideas and skills to advance the molecular imaging field.
- Radmila Faizova – CHUV, Lausanne (Chair)
- Jacopo Millul – Basel (Co-Chair)
- Weiye Li – Zurich (Co-Chair)
- Sebastian Martin – CHUV, Lausanne
- Lennard Wendlinger – CHUV, Lausanne
- Alexandra Litvinenko – CHUV, Lausanne
- Simon Klingler – University of Zurich
Do not hesitate to share your ideas and reach out to us via SwyMIC@esmi-insight.eu
Interested in joining a yESMI Group?
You are an ESMI member already? Just log-in to your ESMI member portal, select “edit your membership details” and sign-in to any set of yESMI Group you are interested in.
Not a member yet?
Proceed to the Member Portal and register – it is just 20€/anno for MSc and PhD students.