Registration opens in autumn 2023.
All presenters need to be registered and present at the EMIM in Porto.
With consideration for the environment & our ecological footprint
We do no longer use
- congress bags
- printed programme booklets
- disposable cups and
We are also committed to significantly reduced meat consumption – only vegetarian dishes are served during the day. Meat/fish is served on special occasions such as opening reception and get-together.
Registration Fees 2024
|Student member**||420 €||570 €|
|Student non-member||520 €||670 €|
|Reviewer member*||570 €||720 €|
|Reviewer non-member||720 €||870 €|
|Regular member*||620 €||770 €|
|Regular non-member||770 €||920 €|
|Laboratory Technicians member*||420 €||570 €|
|Laboratory Technicians non-member||520 €||670 €|
|Emeriti/Honorary members||420 €||570 €|
*ESMI, WMIS, and FASMI members are eligible for the reduced member fee. The reduction applies on registration fees only, not on additional bookings.
**MSc and PhD students are eligible for the student fee, postDocs are considered as regular (non-) members.
Registration Fee includes
- Attendance Fee: Access to Scientific Sessions & Exhibition
- Coffee Breaks & Lunches (Tuesday to Friday)
- Opening Reception on Wednesday evening
- Coffee, Tea, Water all day long for your convenience
- Reusable Bottle
- Excellent Science
- Endless Networking Opportunities
Optional Bookings | for a small additional charge
- 3R Symposium – (12 March 9.00h-15.00h) | 50€
6 CPD (Continuous Professional Development) are certified upon full completion and in accordance with Directive 2010/63/EU.
- Educational Sessions (12 March 11.30h-15.00h) | +10€ to ensure attendance
- Bar Hopping Event by Study Groups & young ESMI (12 March, evening) | +20€
- Get-Together (14 March, 20.00h) | +40€
Optional Bookings | without extra charge
- Think Tank Sessions by young ESMI©
- Scientific Speed-Dating by young ESMI©
- Study Group Sessions/Meetings
- Industry Lunch Symposia
- Industry Sessions
Registration opens in autumn 2023.
Group Registration & Discount
- 5+ registrations from one institute = 5% reduction on registration fees
- 10+ registrations = 10% discount
- 20+ = 20% discount
One invoice address is required! Discount applies on registration fee, but not on additional bookings (like get-together).
HOW TO: Reach out to Irene via firstname.lastname@example.org for details on procedure before anyone from your group registers.
Terms & Conditions
All changes or cancellations must be submitted in writing to the ESMI office via registration(at)esmi-insight.eu.
Registration fees (less 50€ to cover administrative costs) will be refunded for cancellations received by 31 January 2024. For cancellations received between 1 February and 21 February 2024, 50% of the registration fee will be refunded (less 50€ to cover administrative costs). For cancellations after 21 February 2024, no refund is foreseen. Substitutes will be accepted at any time.
Book refundable travel options! The ESMI cannot be made liable for any refund of attendees’ travel or other individual costs related to the EMIM in case of non-attendance or cancellation.
In case an invitation letter is needed to apply for a visa, please forward the following information to the attention of Irene to registration(at)esmi-insight.eu.
- full private address
- full working address
- date of birth
- passport number
- your first name(s) as written in the passport
- your last name(s) as written in the passport
- copy/scan of your passport
We do not offer booking options for accommodation through our registration system. Please organise your own accommodation in Porto – there are many options in all price categories.
ATTENTION – fake hotel booking providers!
The ESMI has not subcontracted any official service providers or “Hotel Allocator” companies – please be attentive concerning fraud!
- 10 Oct. 2023 | Opening Abstract Submission
- 21 Nov. 2023 | Deadline Abstract Submission
- 4 Jan. 2024 | Notification to Presenters
- 17 Jan. 2024 | Deadline Early Registration